Translate

Monday, March 8, 2010

Goodbye Turkey (For a Few Months)

So I'm a few days late, but here's what's been happening with us the past ten days. Maria and I are in Germany now but before we left Turkey Maria got her nails done by her dad and went to her last ballet/tap class. It was one evening, and Maria wanted her nails done. I was not wanting to do them so her dad came to her rescue and did her nails for her. They were two toned, sparkly, and had flowers on them. What is he going to do with another girl in the house? On Monday Maria went to her last ballet and tap class. She has loved her class and her teacher Miss Michelle. We will miss our Monday nights filled with dance. On Thursday we said goodbye to CJ and Maria and I flew to Germany where we will call home for the next six weeks or so. We made it fine and are happy to be here, but wondering how we will occupy our time while here. These first days are pretty much filled with getting everything in order and trying to find our way around, but after that I don't know what we will be doing. CJ will get here on the 24th which will make things much better. I did take a tour of the hospital the first day that I was here and I'm very happy with the decision that we made to come here. It has not been the easiest thing to do, but I am much more confident in the health care that I will receive here as to what I would receive in Turkey. Here's to an exciting six weeks.
CJ giving in to his girl for the thousandth time, and doing whatever she asks him to do.
Maria at dance. Miss Michelle has 10 three and four year olds for 45 minutes a week, 20 minutes of that is those same 10 little girls with tap shoes on. We love dance and Miss Michelle!
Home for Maria and I for the next six weeks.
One of the best purchases that I have ever made. I think that this one purchase will make these next six weeks so much more enjoyable. We skyped with CJ the other night and he sang a song for us and Maria did a dance for him. Not only that it has given Maria some entertainment other than watching movies while we're in the room. CJ found her a painting game that can keep her busy for about an hour, and is a little more educational than plugging into the TV, or maybe I'm just trying to justify.

1 comment:

  1. Annie, you are so brave! I'm wishing that the kids and I could come and join you to keep you company! I was actually relieved to read that you were in Germany, Lane and I have been hearing about an earthquake in Turkey and wondering how close it was. We're thinking of you and can't wait to hear about your adventures in Germany!

    ReplyDelete